CAC registration portal form is now available online for the year 2023. If you have been wanting to register your business online but have zero knowledge on CAC and how to go about it, in this article we will provide you with details on CAC registration and on how to register your business or company.
This post will provide a detailed and comprehensive guidance on how to register your company name with the Corporate Affairs Commission in Nigeria.
An individual can now register their business online from the comfort of their home, as long as they have an in-depth knowledge on the requirements for the process. Soon-to-be business owners are encouraged to adhere strictly to the instructions given on the cac.gov.ng portal.
CAC Registration Portal
The official website is cac.gov.ng for the CAC (corporate affairs commission) business name registration in 2023, where all those desiring to register their business online can sign up for enrollment.
The corporate affairs commission is the statutory body concerned with the registration of businesses or Companies in Nigeria.
2023 CAC REGISTRATION
Are you interested in registering your business name with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) but unsure of how to proceed? If so, a step-by-step process on how to go about the registration will be explained in this post.
Any member of the public is eligible to open a CAC account as long as they meet the necessary requirements. Please note that during the procedure, you will hold the position of director, trustee, or owner/partner.
Kindly note that you do not need the services of legal practices, chartered accountants, or even chartered secretaries to register your business name.
Back in the day, establishing a company name in Nigeria involved a protracted procedure and a ton of paperwork. It’s not that difficult to register a company name these days with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
The following steps must be taken in order to register a business name with CAC successfully:
- Check for the availability of your chosen business name.
- Complete a pre-registration form and upload all relevant documents.
- Pay filling fee
- Submit the original copies of your documents.
Requirements To Register Your Business Name in Nigeria
Step 1: provide your designated and authorized information.
- Surname/First Name/Other Name
- Date of Birth
Step 2: provide your account information
- Phone number/email address
Step 3: give you residential address
- City/ village
- Street name
- Apartment number and name
Step 4: make provision for a valid means of identification.
- Drivers license
- National Identification number
- Permanent voters card
- International passport
- Birth certificate
Finally, press the “register” button and add all required files. Your certificate of incorporation will be emailed to your account dashboard after the registration is complete and confirmed by the CAC, where you can easily download and print it.
To get started on this, simply log into the CAC official website, which is linked here, and click on sign up if you are not already a member. Then click on online registration and get right into it!
CAC 2023 Registration Fees
If you were wondering how much it cost to register a business name in Nigeria, here’s your guide:
- To get the registration form for business name reservation is N500.00
- Incorporation of private/ public companies limited by shares, issued share capital of N1 Million or less is N10,000 and N20,000 respectively.
- Registration of private/ public company with an issued share of capital of above N1million and up to N50million is N5,000 and N10,000 for every N1million respectively.
- Registration of increase in issued share capital up to N500million is N5,000 for every N1million.
- Registration of increase in issued share capital above N500million is N7,500 for every N1million.
Kindly note that this page updates information on the CAC registration process regularly, so if you want to stay up to date on the latest news concerning the corporate affairs commission, keep visiting this website
We strongly advise that you annotate this page or save this website so that you can check it frequently in case of updates. This will allow us to keep you up-to-date on any new information regarding CAC registration.