NIS screening date 2023/2024 is 24th May, 2023. After the NIS recruitment form is released, the next expected news is the NIS screening date examination and venue. It is important to note that this date may not be extended or changed so candidates must be present and ready to go for the Nigeria Immigration Service screening examination. The NIS screening venues are always communicated to candidates via the email address and phone number provided during registration.
Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Examination Requirements
Candidates going for the NIS screening examination are required to go with the following:
- The NIS recruitment registration acknowledgement slip
- Writing materials in case of calculations
- Completed Referee/ Guarantor’s Form
- Recent passport photograph
- Medical Report/Medical fitness
- Birth certificate/Age declaration certificate
- Education qualifications
- Valid means of identification e.g an International Passport, Voters Card, National ID card or Drivers License
Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Screening CBT Examination Screening Centres and Venues In Nigeria
The NIS screening centres are located across all the states in Nigeria and the following states are where the NIS screening centres are located:
- Abia State
- Adamawa State
- Akwa Ibom State
- Anambra State
- Bauchi State
- Bayelsa State
- Benue State
- Borno State
- Cross River
- Delta State
- Ebonyi State
- Edo State
- Ekiti State
- Enugu State
- Gombe State
- Imo State
- Jigawa State
- Kaduna State
- Kano State
- Katsina State
- Kebbi State
- Kogi State
- Kwara State
- Lagos State
- Minna State
- Nassarawa State
- Niger State
- Ogun State
- Ondo State
- Osun State
- Oyo State
- Plateau State
- Rivers State
- Sokoto State
- Taraba State
- Yobe State
- Zamfara State
- Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
Important Points Shortlisted Candidates Should Note When Going For NIS Screening Examination At Various NIS Centres and Venues.
There are lots of important points and things every NIS shortlisted candidate should put into consideration when going for the NIS screening CBT examination at the assigned venues and centres :
- Candidates are expected to carry their NIS recruitment form to the NIS screening centres.
- Candidates are expected to carry along their duly filled guarantors form with detailed referee information.
- Candidates are also expected to appear in modest dressing when going for the NIS recruitment screening CBT examination.
- Candidates are expected to be computer literates as the NIS recruitment screening examination will be computer based, so they are expected to know how to use the computer.
- Candidates are expected not to fail any drug tests, as this will lead to automatic disqualification by the NIS. Therefore, candidates are advised not to involve in any act of taking illicit substances or hard drugs.
- Candidates who register with the NIS recruitment with higher degrees are expected to have completed their mandatory national service or gotten exemption letter when applicable from National Youth Service Corp (NYSC).
- Candidates who provide WAEC/WASSC as their minimum credentials or in addition to their higher degrees are expected to have gotten the basic and minimum grade requirements on the relevant subjects which will make the certificate valid for use.
- Candidates are expected to be of good behavior and composure and not have any criminal record registered with the NPF (Nigeria Police Force).
- Candidates must be physically, mentally fit to serve the nation in the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS).
- Candidates when shortlisted are expected to dissociate themselves from any clandestine organizations because in due time when the final physical verification is done they will become Nigeria Immigration (NIS) officers.
- Candidates are advised not to fall prey to scammers and fraudsters who pose online as agents who aid people in getting admitted into the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS).
- Candidates are also advised to take note of the minimum age required before applying for the NIS which is 18 years and maximum age limit of 30 years applied with exception of Pharmacists and Doctors who applied with their licensed degrees, this exception is as a result of longer duration for their course of study in the higher institution.
- Candidates are also expected to be devoid of any financial debt that may lead to seizure of properties which served as collateral.
- Candidates are also advised to check their email addresses regularly especially the ones used for the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) recruitment registration as updates and information will always be disseminated via this channel.
- Candidates are also advised to check the NIS recruitment portal for their assigned NIS screening venues located in the various NIS screening centres across Nigeria.
- Candidates must possess good teamwork skills and be vigilant.
How to Check NIS Screening Date and Examination Center
The Nigeria Immigration Service will send n notification to all candidates regarding the screening date and examination center via the registered E-mail if your names is among the shortlisted candidates. Otherwise, check the main portal at https://immigration.gov.ng/.
Frequently Asked Questions About NIS Screening Date
What is the lowest rank in NIS?
The Immigration Assistant is the lowest rank in the Nigeria Immigration service (NIS)
What is the highest rank in the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS)?
The Federal Comptroller General of Immigration (FCGI) is the most senior rank in the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS).
What is the total number of ranks enlisted in the NIS?
The total number of ranks found in the NIS is (14) fourteen.
What is NIS recruitment salary?
According to the Nigeria Immigration salary structure, The Federal Comptroller General salary of the Nigerian Immigration Service (highest rank in the service) earn up to an annual pay of ₦3 million while Passport officers starting salary can be as little as 30,000 Naira per month.
Where is the NIS screening venue?
The NIS screening venue mostly is communicated to candidates via the details (phone number and email address) they provided during the NIS recruitment registration. It is always advisable for candidates to check the NIS recruitment portal www.immigrationrecruitment.org frequently after the registration is closed.
What are NIS benefits?
The Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) offers the following benefits to its workers :
- Retirement benefits such as gratuity and pensions after working and serving in the NIS for 35 years.
- Some health and work hazard allowance in event of serious injury obtained in service to NIS.
- Financial protection to the NIS officer and the family in terms of taking care of hospital and medical bills when admitted.
How do you become a NIS officer?
In order to become NIS officer, you must first of all apply for the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) recruitment when it is released. Write the NIS screening test examination and be among the successful NIS shortlisted candidates. Go for the NIS physical screening and verification exercise and scale through.
How do you check the NIS screening venue?
Shortlisted candidates are advised to always check the inbox of the email address and phone number provided during the NIS recruitment registration. Additionally, checking of the NIS recruitment portal incase there is a general public announcement concerning the NIS screening date, venue and centre.