JAMB Direct Entry Registration Form 2023 is out and as you probably know was postponed from its supposed date of Monday, 20th February. Good News is, the joint admission and matriculation board has finally announced the official date for the commencement of the buying of Direct Entry Registration Form 2023.
Direct entry applicants should note that the official date is 20th March 2023. DE form is for those that already have a National Diploma Certificate (ND) or Higher Diploma Certificate (HND) and wish to attend University for a program. These set of people would be admitted into the 200 level or even 300 level depending on the school of your choice.
Direct entry candidates would be required to provide their JAMB registration numbers with which they gained admission to their diplomas and previous degrees. This is some information you need to know before registration. Read on to find out!
How much is Jamb Direct Entry Form 2023?
Jamb DE registration form 2023 is now on sale and the price of the scratch card required for registration completion is NGN 3,500.
There is also a fee to pay for the yearly Jambite book all applicants are required to read for their exams, and an Additional NGN 500 is to be paid for the reading text “the last days at forcados high school”.
N/B: Sales of JAMB DE e-Pin Closes on Friday, April 28, 2023, while the normal registration exercise ends on Saturday 22nd March 2023.
JAMB Direct Entry (DE) 2023 Requirements
DE Jamb Candidates are expected to meet the following qualifications to be considered for admission:
- At least five (5) O’Level credit passes in no more than two sittings, with a minimum of two specified subjects taken at the Principal or Advanced level in each discipline. No subject may be taken more than once at either the Ordinary or Advanced Level.
- Two passes at the Advanced-Level Examination of the IJMB, Cambridge, JUPEB, or Institute of Baccalaureate (in required courses for each field), with SSCE/GCE, NTS/NBC, or comparable in three additional disciplines.
- Passing scores in Two of the NCE’s core subjects with S.C.E., NTC/NBC credits or equivalents in Three other topics (mostly for educational courses), and ND. A third A’ Level subject in education courses may be approved.
- Applicants should be aware that for Direct Entry admission, they will be needed to present their JAMB registration number, which they utilized to get entrance to NCE, Diploma.
- National Identity Number (NIN)is required for all candidates.
- O’Level qualifications and a minimal lower credit score from a national diploma or national innovation diploma.
How to Apply for JAMB Direct Entry
These are the steps to take if you want to obtain DE Jamb form:
- You must create a JAMB profile first.
- A three thousand five hundred naira (N3,500) registration fee plus a 500 naira surcharge is required. The 500 NGN is for “The Final Days at Forcados High School,” a reading material, and is the only one that DE candidates must pay.
- Applicants are urged to maintain their security information, such as registration numbers, passwords or ATM card numbers, email addresses, and ePINs, as discreet and confidential as possible.
- Applicants should be aware that the ePINS they acquire are specific to their profiles and cannot be shared.
- Moreover, a free CD with the JAMB eSyllabus, eBrochure, and other essential documents is provided
Now below are the steps to take for a profile registration.
Direct Entry Profile Registration
- For the registration process, every candidate is required to use a distinct phone number(SIM). This distinct phone number can only be used by one candidate only as this maintains your unique identity for all interactions with the board.
- The Applicant is required to text their National ID number (NIN) to 66019 or 55019 from their phone number. For example, write the word “NIN” followed by a space then add your 11-digit ID number and send it to either 66019 or 55019. There is supposed to be a gap between the word “NIN” and your 11-digit NIN.
(Take note that the number must not have previously been used by another individual to apply for the UTME/DE.)
- The Candidate will receive a 10-character profile code on the same phone number.
- The phone number used for this process is inextricably linked to the applicant’s 2023 application, Examination, and Admission.
- To obtain a form, the candidate must submit their profile code to (Banks, MMOs, MFBs, Switches, and USSD Partners). The candidate’s phone number receives a text message containing the form’s ePIN.
- Candidates must present the ePIN at any Jamb accredited center for registration.
- The applicant’s biometric (all ten fingers) must be properly recorded before the form can be submitted. Applicant can print their e-registration form after their biometrics and photo have been successfully captured. All future interactions with JAMB about the candidate’s profile will require a fingerprint.
- Biometrically challenged candidates can exclusively apply at the JAMB headquarters in Abuja.
- On test day, only applicants whose fingerprint authentication was approved would be allowed to take the UTME. No proxy or guardian is permitted to make any changes to a candidate’s profile.
General Information For Direct Entry Registration
- Before buying the ePIN, all applicants must first and mandatory activate their profiles via text messages as shown above.
- There is no refund for the registration money.
- As is customary, centers are only permitted to collect a registration fee of no more than seven hundred naira (₦700). Any center that collects more than Seven Hundred Naira (₦700) must be notified to JAMB so that suitable punishments can be applied.
- It is required of all CBT centers to choose one of the participating banks, MMOs, MFBs, etc. The goal of having these financial companies present at CBT centers is to make sure No CBT center staff member may engage in a direct cash transaction with applicants.
- Before starting the registration process, candidates are urged to read and comprehend the admission rules and directions for completing the online registration.
- Multiple registrations by candidates will be detected and disqualified.
- Applicants should be aware that they must take a live photograph for it to be stamped on their acceptance letters and report slips. No passport photos that are stapled or scanned are permitted.
- No applicants or staff will be permitted to enter the testing facility with a watch, phone, electronic device, or any pen. Only regular pencils are permitted.
Please note that Applicants are advised to know that the Board does not mandate or authorize the use of ANY cyber café or other institution for this activity other than the certified CBT centers.
JAMB 2023/2024 Direct Entry Form Deadline
The Jamb DE form for the 2023–2024 academic year is presently available; it will expire on April 20, 2023, on Thursday. The registration period, which includes individuals outside of Nigeria, opens on February 20 and ends on April 20, 2023. extension of enrollment is a possibility but it is not certain so register now.
Finally, you should share this article with family or friends who might need this information and also bookmark this page for the latest updates.
Is Jamb Direct Entry Form Out?
Yes, the Jamb has finally announced the new date for the sale of the Direct Entry registration form and it is on 20th March 2023.
Is NIN compulsory for DE registration in 2023?
Yes. For the Jamb Direct Entry registration 2023, candidates must get their NIN before proceeding to register.
Can I Use Awaiting Result for Jamb DE Registration?
Yes, you can use awaiting results for Jamb Direct Entry registration since JAMB allows candidates in possession of awaiting results to participate. Therefore you do not need to panic if your results are not available yet.
Can I write Jamb and still obtain Jamb DE form?
Yes, you can. Presently, no rule by the board states candidates are not allowed to write Jamb while going through the process of obtaining a Jamb DE form.