INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment 2023 is on going. Since INEC is in control of all the electoral processes in Nigeria and they oversee all the electoral processes and practices they are taken in high regard in Nigeria during the general elections. Also INEC fixed 25th February, 2023 as the date for general elections which comprise of the presidential and national assembly elections.
In order to successfully carry out free and fair elections devoid of rigging or favoritism, INEC sets aside a period of time and release the INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment 2023/2024 to ensure that new Adhoc staff are recruited and mostly are different from the ones had during the last elections 4 years ago.
Since INEC has approved the release of the INEC staff recruitment application form on the official INEC portal called the INECPRES portal www.inecnigeria.org/inecpress. Any candidate who wishes to apply for the INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment 2023/2024, the candidate can also get all the information needed here www.inecnigeria.org/inecpress.
INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Requirements 2023
INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment requirements 2023 has been released to the general public for suitable and interested INEC Adhoc Staff. Those who don’t meet these requirements are strongly advised not to apply. The INEC Adhoc staff recruitment requirements include :
- Candidates must possess good English language communication skills
- Candidates must possess the basic educational requirements, have a good educational background to be considered for any of the INEC recruitment positions available.
- Candidates must have work experience of jobs that are demanding and require attending to mass number of people for a long period of time.
- Candidates must have the zeal to work with INEC to ensure that general elections are conducted and are done hitch-free.
- During the INEC recruitment application, candidates are advised to not provide false details and they must also fill in all their details and information at the INEC recruitment portal.
- Candidates must have the required skills needed by INEC for the role and position of INEC Adhoc Staff.
- A valid national ID No./student ID No (as displayed on your ID Card)
- An NYSC Call-up Number for former corps members (not earlier than 2018).
- A valid NYSC ID Card for serving Corp members.
- A functional email address and phone number which will serve as a media for communication from INEC to the INEC Adhoc Staff recruitment candidates.
How to Apply for INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment
There exist a lot of information concerning how to apply for the INEC Adhoc staff recruitment, it usually follows similar easy path as it involves the use of the INEC recruitment portal www.pres.inecnigeria.org portal. The following are the known steps to apply for the INEC Adhoc stafrf recruitment:
- Go the official INEC Recruitment portal www.pres.inecnigeria.org portal.
- Now that the portal is open, click on REGISTER.
- Check out the job description ‘INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment’.
- Select APPLY.
- Create your new password as you will automatically be met with the INEC Adhoc staff recruitment application form 2023/2024.
- The application form is designated into three sections; the personal information section, contact information section and bank information section.
- A valid passport photograph is scanned and uploaded at the portal in this INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment application form.
- Candidates will also see a place in the INEC Adhoc staff recruitment application form seeking completion of details of referees from a known company or organization.
The INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment portal is still active and open for more candidates to apply for the roles and positions of INEC Adhoc Staff for the INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment 2023/2024.
After candidates apply for the INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment 2023/2024, INEC will reach out to successful candidates who will be categorized in a list called INEC Adhoc staff recruitment shortlisted candidates list. The medium of communication is always via the details (phone number and email address) provided in the application form at the time of INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment 2023/2024 registration.
INEC Adhoc Staff Application Form 2023 Portal
The INEC Adhoc Staff Application form 2023 portal is still open and active. The portal www.pres.inecnigeria.org and www.inec.gov.ng is used for both the INEC Adhoc Staff recruitment 2023 registration and checking of official news and updates from INEC.
Morever, seeing how crucial it is to use the INEC Adhoc staff application form 2023 portal, all candidates are mostly advised to always check up the portal for any new updated information and procedures INEC may however supply for those applying for the INEC Adhoc Staff 2023 recruitment.
Latest INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment News 2023
INEC Election Offences and Penalties In Nigeria
In Nigeria, INEC has numerous fixed electoral offences and penalties Adhoc staff are advised to take note during the INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment 2023/2024 and in the forthcoming general elections. Below is a tabulated format containing the INEC election offences and penalties in Nigeria :
|1.||A person who is in possession of more than one valid voter’s card.||He is liable on conviction to a maximum fine of 100,000 or 12 months imprisonment or both.|
|2.||A person who applies for ballot paper in the name of some other person whether living or dead i.e. impersonation||He is liable on conviction to a fine of 500,000.00 or 12 months imprisonment or both|
|3.||A person who votes more than once in an election.||He is liable on conviction to a fine of 500,000.00 or 12 months imprisonment or both|
|4.||A person who forges any ballot paper or official mark on any ballot paper or any certificate of return or result form.||He is liable on conviction to 2 years imprisonment.|
|5.||A person who wilfully places in any ballot box any unauthorized paper or result||He is liable on conviction to 2 years imprisonment.|
|6.||A person who gives voters money to vote for or refrain from voting for a candidate.||He is liable on conviction to a fine of 100,000.00 or 12 months imprisonment or both.|
|7.||A person who within the vicinity of polling unit or collation centre on election day convenes public meeting, makes unauthorized official announcements; wears or carry any badge, poster, banner, flag or symbol relating to a political party or election.||He is liable on conviction to a fine of 100,000.00 or 6 months imprisonment for every such offence.|
|8.||A person who acts or incites others to act in a disorderly manner on election day.||He is liable on conviction to a fine of 500,000.00 or 12 months imprisonment or both.|
|9.||A person who communicates at any time to other person, information obtained in a polling unit as to the candidate to whom a voter is about to vote or has voted for i.e. violation of the secrecy of vote.||He is liable on conviction to a fine of 100,000.00 or 6 months imprisonment or both.|
|10.||A person who knowingly votes or attempts to vote in a constituency in which he did not register.||He is liable on conviction to a fine of 100,000.00 or 6 months imprisonment or both.|
|11.||A person who snatches or destroys election materials.||He is liable on conviction to 24 months imprisonment.|
|12.||A. person who commits an offence of bribery or aids, conspires or abets any other person to commit bribery.||He is liable on conviction to a fine of 500,000.00 or 12 months imprisonment or both.|
|13.||A person who on election day does any of the following acts:*canvasses for votes*solicits for the vote of any other voter.*persuades any voter not to vote for any particular candidate.*shouts slogans concerning the election.*be in possession of any offensive weapon or wears any dress or facial decoration to intimidate other voters*exhibits, wears or tenders any notice, symbol, photography or party card referring to the election.
*use of any vehicle bearing the color or symbol of a particular party.
*Loiter without lawful excuse after voting or being refused to vote.
*use of sirens.
|He is liable on conviction to a fine of 100,000.00 or 6 months imprisonment for every such offence.|
INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Screening and Staff Training
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has scheduled to commence Screening and Training of thousands of INEC Adhoc Staff Applicants who would participate in the conduct of the 2023 General Election.
The Commision, which began contacting the Adhoc Staff Applicants on Thursday, has noted that screening of the Applicants would begin on 17th January, 2023.
The Adhoc Staff Applicants have been advised to present themselves for the Screening in their Local Governments as follows:
- Serving Corp members are to appear with their Call up Letter and NYSC ID
- STUDENTS are to present Tertiary School ID card and/ or Letter of Admission.
- Staff of MDAs will be in the Screening with their Appointment letters from current Employer, and /or past promotion letters.
- Ex-Corp members would be in the Screening with their NYSC discharge certificate.
- The INEC Adhoc Screening has been scheduled to commence from 17th January 2023 and end on 23rd January 2023.
The INEC Adhoc Staff Training 2023 for Supervisory Presiding Officer, Presiding Officers, Assistant Presiding Officers and Collation Officers has been scheduled as Follows:
(i) SPO – 9th Febraury 2023 to 11th February 2023 – 3days
(ii) PO/APO – 13th February 2023 to 16th Fabruary 2023 – 4dyas
(iii) CO – 21st February to 23rd February – 3 days
It is after the INEC Adhoc Staff Training 2023 that the final list of Candidates (INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates List) who would actively participate in the conduct of the 2023 General Election Election be released to the view of the Public Across the 774 LGAs of the Federation.
This is to inform all candidates who applied, particularly, NYSC members (serving and Ex-corpers), students of Tertiary Institutions, and staff of MDAs, who applied to serve as Presiding Officers and Assistant Presiding Officers, that they are to report to the various Electoral officers for screening in the LGAs where they intend to serve in the 2023 General Elections. They are to come along with the following information:
- For Serving Corp members: Call up Letter and NYSC ID
- For STUDENTS: Tertiary School ID card and/ or letter of admission.
- For Staff of MDAs: Appointment letter from current Employer, and /or past promotion letters.
- For Ex Corp members: NYSC discharge certificate.
The INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment screening date is scheduled for Thursday, 19th – Monday, 23rd January 2023.
FAQs On INEC Adhoc Staff 2023 Recruitment
What is INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Closing date?
The closing dates for the INEC Adhoc staff recruitment is not fully fixed as candidates aree still applying but it is known that by the ending of January, 2023 all the INEC Adhoc staff recruitment registration will be done with in preparation to carry out INEC orientation exercises for the INEC Adhoc Recruitment shortlisted candidates ahead of the general elections by 25th February, 2023.
- On your browser visit the official INEC portal www.inecrecruitment.com.
- Look out for shortlisted candidates, then under it click view full list.
- Depending on the post you applied for, click on the date to see if your status if you have been selected.