Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2023 has been announced on the Nigeria Immigration Service portal for eligible and interested candidates to apply from 16th January, 2023.
Periodically, the Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment is conducted to hire new officers to fill openings in a range of areas within the agency. These jobs might be anything from entry-level ones like passport and immigration officers to more senior ones like assistant comptrollers and comptrollers.
The Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) is in charge of monitoring and regulating how persons travel in and out of Nigeria and how goods and products enter and leave Nigeria. Additionally, the NIS grants a number of travel authorizations, including as visas, work permits, and residency permits.
Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2023 Eligibility
For candidates to be eligible for the Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment 2023, they are expected to meet certain criteria and eligibility which are listed as follows:
- Candidate must be a full-time citizen of Nigeria.
- Candidate must not have a criminal record of any kind registered in the country’s law enforcement agency’s register.
- Candidate must not be above the age of 30 years and not below the age of 18 years at the time of applying for the Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment with exception for candidates who are Doctors and Pharmacists as their maximum age limit is 35 years.
- Candidate must have in their Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) or the West African Senior School Certificate Examination a minimum of (5) five credits in relevant subjects (WASSCE).
- Candidate must meet the physical and medical requirements set by NIS.
- Candidate must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc.) from an accredited university for higher-level employment in the NIS.
- Candidates must not have a medical complication or health related issues that may be of hindrance to serve in any position in the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS).
- Candidates are expected to be eligible by passing all the drug tests to be conducted by the NIS. Anyone who fails any drug test or during blood test is discovered to be loaded with hard drugs of any kind will automatically face disqualification from NIS.
Requirements For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2023
There are certain requirements candidates must meet before they are considered for any recruitment position in Nigeria Immigration Service. Carefully, below it will be discussed in detail :
- Age: Candidates are expected to be of a minimum age of 18 years which is the legal age in Nigeria and maximum age of 30 years. Applications from candidates below the minimum age and above the maximum age will not be accepted by the NIS with exception for candidates who are Doctors and Pharmacists as their maximum age limit is 35 years.
- Height: For all candidates, there is a minimum height requirements for both genders. The male genders are expected not to be less than 1.65 metre and 1.60 metre for women.
- Physical fitness: All candidates are expected to be physically fit and healthy at the time of applying for the Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment 2023. They will be required to undergo a medical examination to determine their fitness level to avoid having health complications while serving their country in the NIS. Also a certificate of medical fitness from a recognized government hospital will be needed.
- Background check: All necessary background checks on each candidates who apply for the Nigeria Immigration Service 2023 will be done by the NIS but before this is done, candidates are advised to have a good and clean background devoid of illegal activities to avoid disqualification. Also candidate must possess a valid national identity card with the National Identity Number (NIN) to ease the Nigeria Immigration Service know more about the candidates.
- Documents: All candidates upon registration for the Nigeria Immigration Service 2023 are expected to upload original documents and credentials as falsified or altered documents would attract automatic disqualification.
- Education: Candidates are required to have at least the minimum certificate from secondary school which is the WAEC either the one conducted by WAEC for secondary schools or for private candidates with the minimum grade being C in all relevant subjects. Candidates who seek a higher level of employment in the NIS are expected to have a Bachelor’s degree (BSc.) from a recognized and accredited university same applies with candidates using their Master’s degree (MSc.) to apply for the Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment 2023.
The Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment process is highly competitive and candidates are advised to meet all the requirements before applying. Successful candidates will undergo a training program before being deployed to their respective positions.
How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2023
Follow these procedures to apply for the Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment :
- Log on to the Nigeria Immigration Service portal https://cdcfib.career/
- Fill the required details provided on the portal with accurate information
- Print out the Referee forms and make sure they are duly filled and submitted
N/B: Candidates are advised to avoid multiple registration as this will lead to automatic disqualification from the NIS.
The Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment Examination
The Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment Examination is mainly conducted using computers for that reason it is deemed to be Computer-based test (CBT). All shortlisted candidates whose names will appear in the Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment shortlisted lists will be the only ones allowed to take this Computer-based test (CBT). The fixed date and time will always be communicated to candidates via the details provided during the Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment 2023 registration
Closing Date/Deadline For Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment 2023
Since the registration date for Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment starts from 16th January, 2023. The closing date/deadline is slated for 2 weeks after the registration date which is 30th January, 2023. Before, the closing/deadline reaches all candidates are advised to submit all their applications duly and accurately on the NIS portal as there will be no registration date extension.
FAQs About Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment
Is Nigeria Immigration Service Form Out ?
Yes, Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) recruitment form is out and was released in January, 2023.
What is the portal for Nigeria Immigration Service ?
The portal for the Nigeria Immigration Service is https://cdcfib.career/
When is the deadline for Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment 2023 ?
The deadline for the Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment is 30th January, 2023.
When is the registration for Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment 2023 starting ?
The Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment registration starts on 16th January, 2023 as shown on the portal https://cdcfib.career/
What can lead to disqualification from the NIS ?
These are the following things that could lead one to be disqualified from the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment :
- Not having the required educational certificate for a certain position.
- Not being medically fit, physically fit or suffering from a long term medical complications.
- Not passing the medical fitness test conducted by the NIS.
- Not passing the drug tests conducted by the NIS.
- Not possessing original documents or using falsified documents to upload at the portal.
Will NIS extend the registration date ?
Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) will not extend the registration date so for this, all candidates are advised to submit their Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) recruitment registration on time before the deadline. If along the line, NIS wishes to extend the registration date it will be communicated on news media outlets, national newspapers and portal.